Patrick Finley Girondi
- High school dropout
- De La Salle High School, Chicago, 1.5 years
- St. Joseph Franciscan Seminary, Westmont, IL, 1.5 years
- U.S. Air Force, 19 months
Nomination and induction, Accademia di Sicilia, Palermo, Sicily
Award, Corp America, CEO of the Year, Errant Gene Therapeutics
Award from India Thalassemia Foundation
Award from UN Organization Thalassemia International Foundation
Award from Cooley’s Anemia International
Award for Video of the Year, Italy for song, Living Without You
Wrote music for movie Focaccia Blues (winner of Golden Globe Award)
Award from Cooley’s Anemia Foundation
Award, Pugliese del’Anno, with Director Michele Placido
Award from Scriptapalooza for screenplay Blind Faith
Award from Giffone Film Festival for music video, It’s Your Time
Selected Work Experience
PHARMACEUTICALS AND GENE THERAPY:
2003 – Present:
CEO, Errant Gene Therapeutics (Gene Therapy Company)
- Founder and Managing Director
- Work with patients, patient groups, parents, researchers, doctors, scientists and other
1993 – 1995:
- Emerging Pharmaceutical Technologies; founded with Sandy and Walter Hayhurst
1995 – 2003:
- Beacon Pharmaceuticals 1995; founded with John Walton, Michael Ahern, Michael Pierce, and Sandy and Walter Hayhurst
1980 – 1983:
Bridgeport Securities Group, Chicago:
- Had 18 traders on the floors of the Chicago Board of Trade, Chicago Mercantile Exchange, and the Chicago Board Options Exchange
- Bridgeport Securities Group was a member of the New York Stock Exchange, the Swiss Options, Futures Exchange, and Eurex
- Received a Swiss Banking license in 2001 as BPT Trading of Lausanne and Zurich Switzerland
- Personally traded at times until 2015
Finley, Patrick. Diamond in the Rough. Chicago: Bari, 1986. Print.
- Agent Samuel Freifeld, also represented Saul Bellow, Lenny Bruce, Nelson Algren
(Completed / Performed)
2009: Faded Genes
2008: Blind Faith
2007: Gente per Bene (Produced and Performed in Puglia, Italy at Gravina Theater of San Sebastiano)
Il Funerale del Sole
La Legge dal Signore
Il Personaggi e Panelli
- Keown, Alex. “Errant Escalates Complaints to Lawsuit over Bluebird Bio’s Gene Therapy.” BioSpace, BioSpace, 26 Oct. 2021, https://www.biospace.com/article/errant-gene-therapeutics-files-patent-infringement-lawsuit-againstbluebird-bio/.
- Dunleavy, Kevin. “Tiny Biotech Errant Sues Bluebird for Patent Infringement in Developing Gene Therapy Lentiglobin.” FiercePharma, 25 Oct. 2021, https://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/tiny-biotech-errant-suesbluebird-for-patent-infringement-developing-zynteglo-lentiglobin.
- Sullivan, Josh. “Simmering Feud between Bluebird and a Rival Continues with Allegations of Patent Fraud.” Endpoints News, Endpoints News, 25 Oct. 2021, https://endpts.com/feud-between-errant-and-bluebirdcontinues-as-lawsuit-alleging-patent-fraud-filed-in-district-court/.
- Staff, TrialSite, et al. “Errant Gene Therapeutics, LLC (‘EGT’), Files Patent Infringement Complaint against Defendant Bluebird Bio.” TrialSiteNews, 23 Oct. 2021, https://trialsitenews.com/errant-gene-therapeutics-llc-egt-files-patentinfringement-
- Yasiejko, Christopher. “Bluebird Is Sued over Patents Related to Blood-Disease Drug.” News.bloomberglaw.com, 21 Oct. 2021, https://news.bloomberglaw.com/health-law-and-business/bluebird-is-sued-over-patents-related-toblood-disease-drug.
- “C2 Ce Felice Griesi Del 21 Mag 2021 Ospite Pat Girondi.” YouTube, 21 May 2021, youtu.be/_wSvUqi8zjI
- “San Rocco Therapeutics Scientific Founder Dr. Michel Sadelain Is Recipient of American Cell and Gene Therapy’s Highest Honor.” Business Wire, San Rocco Therapeutics, 17 May 2021, www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210517005221/en/San-Rocco-Therapeutics-Scientific-Founder-Dr.-Michel-Sadelain-is-Recipient-of-American-Cell-and-Gene-Therapy%E2%80%99s-Highest-Honor.
- Doe, Helen. Review of New Motown-Inspired Funk Single On The Dangers of Overmedication Released, Newswire, 11 May 2021, newswire.net/newsroom/pr/00203368-https-www-musicgateway-com.html.
- “Errant Gene Therapeutics Becomes San Rocco Therapeutics.” Business Wire, 5 May 2021, www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210505005201/en.
- “Pat Girondi – Just Another Tuesday (2020).” The Other Side Reviews, 13 Feb. 2021, www.theothersidereviews.com/pat-girondi-just-another-tuesday-2020/.
- “UK’s NICE Rejects Bluebird Bio: Questions Value Price Tag & Nominal Clinical Evidence While Sponsor Shocked.” Trial Site News, 15 Feb. 2021, trialsitenews.com/uks-nice-rejects-bluebird-bio-questions-value-price-tag-nominal-clinical-evidence-while-sponsor-shocked/.
- Facendola, Annalisa. “Pat Girondi & The Orphan’s Dream: Note Da Sogno.” Free, 11 Feb. 2021, pp. 78–79.
- “Errant Gene Therapeutics, LLC (‘EGT’) Pushing Clinical Trial of Potentially Curative Treatment for Beta-Thalassemia and Eventually Sickle Cell Disease.” Yahoo! Finance, Yahoo!, 11 Jan. 2021, au.finance.yahoo.com/news/errant-gene-therapeutics-llc-egt-120000161.html.
- “Farelive HD Label Presenta Il Cd ‘Orphan’s Return’ Di Pat Girondi& The Orphan’s Dream Band.” Sassilive. it, 30 Oct. 2020, www.sassilive.it/cultura-e-spettacoli/musica-cultura-e-spettacoli/farelive-hd-label-presenta-il-cd-orpahns-return-di-pat-girondi-the-orphans-dream-band/?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=d06dcf38efc35571013faf8f027093f3eb24699c-1609017031-0-ARpVz2_EAO0jc3GdwkAzcaSDELlT5NZ0lRSXcy0awWGCuUPvN3btUNDmsN-8h2Cvqf_vxeTKxl5Woa1wCR50LRFOmjpcV8cDynSu3MWuwEuwodzehjZxYWLigpJy0b1IRuujYK9xCMrtpdPCU_e_0Cm3CY8_r18XzwtjtCXf1JdCVKsdmirDYIkmxIbguapxNy3LbMab4yjOW2w7xkACtyC-LuyDaHVRul63tILxMM32cSRsYh2Uo-e9mtfxNh2nNRwGB6f2oUsiYZ7qjZpZOIeo-jntdr7m1s_IlRYmcmmAPyTI3uYLZ78uHvDbZegHm39MOxN1QuVBb49IRbQUd6WKKUVx-8wS9janF3SZf7GzVGL6Kdcwb-pjOPuqYjfyXderPU5K7ZF80ySnD9xdWU36sNSBvLDfw8ImZCQmxi43aj2pBF6oCopitLCaqsdgb_cC2DEH6eaCIClkXpj7KUGSmcJE7RPcNbD6xjdMjwgr.
- Fontanarosa, Enzo. “Canta La Voglia Di Vita Con Grande Energia Pat Girondi e Enzo Matera Tra Musica e Beneficenza.” La Gazzetta Del Mezzogiorno, 29 Oct. 2020.
- “Former Chicago Trader Battles Medical Science Giants over Gene Therapy Deal.” Crain’s Chicago Business, 30 Oct. 2020, www.chicagobusiness.com/health-care/former-chicago-trader-battles-medical-science-giants-over-gene-therapy-deal.
- “The Family Man Gets His Day in Court: EGT Vs. Bluebird Bio.” Trial Site News, 30 Oct. 2020, www.trialsitenews.com/the-family-man-gets-his-day-in-court-egt-vs-bluebird-bio/.
- Martin, Andy. “Ex-Trader Takes Sloan-Kettering to Court Over Gene Therapy Deal.” Bloomberg.com, Bloomberg, 29 Oct. 2020, www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-10-29/ex-trader-takes-sloan-kettering-to-court-over-gene-therapy-deal.
- “Errant Gene Therapeutics’ Gene Therapy Vector Shows Promise for Sickle Cell Disease and Thalassemia Patients.” Trial Site News, 24 May 2020, www.trialsitenews.com/errant-gene-therapeutics-gene-therapy-vector-shows-promise-for-sickle-cell-disease-and-thalassemia-patients/.
- BioSpace. “Errant Gene Therapeutics (EGT) Wins Major Victory in New York Appeals Court.” BioSpace, BioSpace, 7 May 2020, www.biospace.com/article/releases/errant-gene-therapeutics-egt-wins-major-victory-in-new-york-appeals-court-/.
- “Errant Gene Therapeutics (EGT) Wins Major Victory in New York Appeals Court.” MarketWatch, MarketWatch, 7 May 2020, www.marketwatch.com/press-release/errant-gene-therapeutics-egt-wins-major-victory-in-new-york-appeals-court-2020-05-07.
- “Pharma Drama: Bluebird Bio, Inc. Directors Accused of ‘Grossly Excessive’ Compensation While Separate Errant Gene Therapeutics Lawsuit Heads for Trial.” Trial Site News, 3 Apr. 2020, www.trialsitenews.com/pharma-drama-bluebird-bio-inc-directors-accused-of-grossly-excessive-compensation-while-separate-errant-gene-therapeutics-lawsuit-heads-for-trial/.
- “The Watchlist Series: David Vs Goliath, An Interview With Patrick Girondi.” TrialSite News, 13 Feb. 2020, youtu.be/6mWisUUoZKs.
- Gray, Geoffrey. “Old Blood.” TRUE INK, 18 Nov. 2019, true.ink/story/old-blood/.
- “Errant Gene Therapeutics Update: Tanzania, Court Appeals and More.” Trial Site News, 18 Nov. 2019, www.trialsitenews.com/errant-gene-therapeutics-update-tanzania-court-appeals-and-more/.
- “Their Justice-Driven Road to Prosecution: Errant Gene Therapeutics vs. Third Rock Ventures.” Trial Site News, 27 Sept. 2019, www.trialsitenews.com/their-justice-driven-road-to-prosecution-errant-grant-therapeutics-vs-third-rock-ventures/.
- “Pat Girondi and Orphan’s Dream: Il Concerto Di Sabato Sera Al Nautoscopio.” Balarm.it, www.balarm.it/eventi/pat-girondi-and-orphan-s-dream-il-concerto-di-sabato-sera-al-nautoscopio-107545.
- “An Interview with Patrick Girondi and His Fight Against Crony Medicine: Podcast S1 E8.” Trial Site News, 12 Sept. 2019, www.trialsitenews.com/an-interview-with-patrick-girondi-and-his-fight-against-crony-medicine-podcast-s1-e8/.
- “An Interview with Patrick Girondi and His Fight Against Crony Medicine | Podcast S1 E8.” YouTube, TrialSite News, 11 Sept. 2019, youtu.be/rz_1zv5CAYw. Accessed 16 Sept. 2019.
- “Summaries of Errant Gene Therapeutics vs. Sloan Kettering Court Exhibits.” Trial Site News, 28 Aug. 2019, www.trialsitenews.com/summaries-of-errant-gene-therapeutics-vs-sloan-kettering-court-exhibits/.
- “Follow-Up on Errant Gene Therapeutics: Their Major Victory in New York Court.” Trial Site News, 28 Aug. 2019, www.trialsitenews.com/follow-up-on-errant-gene-therapeutics-their-major-victory-in-new-york-court/.
- “Errant Gene Therapeutics (EGT) Wins Major Victory in New York Court.” AP NEWS, Associated Press, 23 Aug. 2019, www.apnews.com/Business%20Wire/a44fec270cd8424aaf3581001ac75a00.
- “Errant Gene Therapeutics (EGT) Wins Major Victory in New York Court.” Tullahoma News, 23 Aug. 2019, www.tullahomanews.com/news/business/errant-gene-therapeutics-egt-wins-major-victory-in-new-york/article_b507e667-1573-5009-bedb-2c64ab39eaf1.html.
- BioSpace. “Errant Gene Therapeutics (EGT) Wins Major Victory in New York Court.” BioSpace, BioSpace, 23 Aug. 2019, www.biospace.com/article/releases/errant-gene-therapeutics-egt-wins-major-victory-in-new-york-court/.
- “Errant Gene Therapeutics (EGT) Wins Major Victory in New York Court.” Yahoo! Finance, Yahoo!, 23 Aug. 2019, finance.yahoo.com/news/errant-gene-therapeutics-egt-wins-121000927.html.
- “Errant Gene Therapeutics (EGT) Wins Major Victory in New York Court.” MarketWatch, 23 Aug. 2019, www.marketwatch.com/press-release/errant-gene-therapeutics-egt-wins-major-victory-in-new-york-court-2019-08-23.
- Wire, Business. “Errant Gene Therapeutics (EGT) Wins Major Victory in New York Court.” Benzinga, 23 Aug. 2019, www.benzinga.com/pressreleases/19/08/b14318588/errant-gene-therapeutics-egt-wins-major-victory-in-new-york-court.
- “Errant Gene Therapeutics (EGT) Wins Major Victory in New York Court.” News On 6, www.newson6.com/story/40955633/errant-gene-therapeutics-egt-wins-major-victory-in-new-york-court.
- “Errant Gene Therapeutics (EGT) Wins Major Victory in New York Court.” Morningstar, Business Wire, 23 Aug. 2019, www.morningstar.com/news/business-wire/20190823005031/errant-gene-therapeutics-egt-wins-major-victory-in-new-york-court.
- “Errant Gene Therapeutics (EGT) Wins Major Victory in New York Court.” NBC2 News, www.nbc-2.com/story/40955633/errant-gene-therapeutics-egt-wins-major-victory-in-new-york-court.
- “A Familyman’s Battle Against the Forefront of Capitalist Medicine: The Case of Errant Gene Therapeutics.” Trial Site News, 30 July 2019, www.trialsitenews.com/a-familymans-battle-against-the-forefront-of-capitalist-medicine-the-case-of-errant-gene-therapeutics/.
- “Did VC Third Rock Conspire with BlueBird Bio to Hurt Errant Gene Therapeutics?” Trial Site News, 19 June 2019, www.trialsitenews.com/did-vc-third-rock-conspire-with-bluebird-bio-to-hurt-errant-gene-therapeutics/.
- Grover, Natalie. “Chicago Biotech Argues Bluebird, Third Rock ‘Killed’ Its Rival, Pioneering Thalassemia Gene Therapy in Lawsuit.” Endpoints News, Endpoints News, 19 June 2019, endpts.com/chicago-biotech-argues-bluebird-third-rock-killed-its-rival-pioneering-thalassemia-gene-therapy-in-lawsuit/.
- Paavola, Alia. “Chicago Biotech Sues Venture Capital Firm, Bluebird Bio CEO overAttempt to ‘Kill’ Rival Medical Treatment: Errant Gene Therapeutics, a Biotech Company Based in Chicago, Is Suing a Venture Capital Firm and BlueBird Bio’s CEO, Claiming the Two Parties Worked to ‘Kill’ a Competing Medical Treatment, According to The Boston Business Journal.” Becker’s Hospital Review, 18 June 2019, www.beckershospitalreview.com/pharmacy/chicago-biotech-sues-venture-capital-firm-bluebird-bio-ceo-over-attempt-to-kill-rival-medical-treatment.html.
- DeAngelis, Angela. “Chicago Biotech Sues Third Rock, Bluebird Bio CEO over Gene Therapy License.” Boston Business Journal, 13 June 2019, 9:08 pm EDT, www.bizjournals.com/boston/news/2019/06/13/chicago-biotech-sues-third-rock-bluebird-bio-ceo.html?s=print.
- Feldman, J. “Patrick Girondi, Bridgeport Native, to Discuss Orphan Disease Project.” Bridgeport News, 30 May 2018, pp. 1–1.
- “Felice Griesi ospite Pat Girondi.” Interview by Felice Griesi. Canale Due, Altamura/Puglia, Italy, 9 Feb. 2018. https://youtu.be/PlY8tAfd51M
- “Approfondimento. A Matera la notte delle malattie rare, Pat Girondi in concerto.” Interview by Francesco Giusto. TRM television, Matera/Basilicata, Italy, 29 Dec. 2017. Italy, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iJY_a-yokc
- Capolupo, Michele. “Orphan’s Night con Pat Girondi e la sua band nei Sassi di Matera, la notte delle malattie rare a Casa Cava.” Sassilive.it, 29 December 2017. http://m.sassilive.it/cultura-e-spettacoli/musica-cultura-e-spettacoli/orphans-night-con-pat-girondi-e-la-sua-band-nei-sassi-di-matera-la-notte-delle-malattie-rare-a-casa-cava/
- Losignore, Antonella. “A Matera La Notte Delle Malattie Rare, Concerto Di Pat Girondi – Trmtv.” Trmtv.it, 27 December 2017. www.trmtv.it/home/cultura/2017_12_27/159835.html.
Posses, Shayna. “Sloan Kettering Secures Sanctions In Drug IP Case – Law360.” Law360 – The Newswire for Business Lawyers, Law360, 6 June 2017, www.law360.com/articles/931443/sloan-kettering-secures-sanctions-in-drug-ip-case.
- Guarnaccia, Matthew. “Sloan Kettering Seeks More Sanctions In Drug IP Case.” Law360. N.p., 9 Feb. 2017. Web. <https://www.law360.com/articles/890374/sloan-kettering-seeks-more-sanctions-in-drug-ip-case->.
- Strickler, Andrew. “Sanction Bid in Dismissed IP Case Still Valid, Sloan Says.” Law360. N.p., 20 Jan. 2017. Web. <https://www.law360.com/newyork/articles/883199/sanction-bid-in-dismissed-ip-case-still-valid-sloan-says>.
- Siegal, Daniel. “Niro Attys Again Face Sanctions In Sloan-Kettering IP Row.” Law360. N.p., 18 Jan. 2017. Web. <https://www.law360.com/articles/882195?scroll=1>.
- “Errant Gene, Sloan Kettering Spar Over ‘Secret Agreement,’ Sanctions.” Bloomberg BNA16 Nov. 2016: 671-73. Print.
- “Policoro: Al via La XIII Edizione Di “Blues in Town”.Matera Inside. N.p., 02 Aug. 2016. Web. 25 Feb. 2017. <http://www.materainside.it/policoro-al-via-la-xiii-edizione-blues-town/>.
- Pollack, Andrew. “Il Coraggio Di Un Padre Italiano Nella Sfida Contro “Sloan Kettering” per Salvare Il Figlio Malato.” Tike.news Redazione. N.p., 4 July 2016. Web. <http://tike.news/Articolo/patrick-girondi-contro-lo-sloan-kettering-per-salvare-il-figlio-malato>.
- Martina, Franco. “GEZZIAMOCI CON UNA ESTATE IN TOUR…JAZZ.” Blog post. Giornalemio.it. N.p., 23 June 2016. Web. <http://giornalemio.it/eventi/gezziamoci-con-una-estate-in-tourjazz/>.
- Aquino, John T. “Breach, Fraud Claims Against Sloan-Kettering Survive.” Bloomberg BNA. N.p., 20 Jan. 2016. Web. <https://www.bna.com/breach-fraud-claims-n57982066409/>.
- Pollack, Andrew. “Streetwise Father Takes On Sloan Kettering to Save His Sick Son.” New York Times 16 Oct. 2015: n. pag. Print.<https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/16/business/lawsuit-accuses-sloan-kettering-of-delaying-gene-therapy-for-rare-blood-disease.html>.
- “Lawsuit Accuses Sloan Kettering of Delaying Gene Therapy for Rare Blood Disease.” FirstWord Pharma (15 Oct. 2015): n. pag. Web. <http://www.firstwordpharma.com/node/1323337#axzz4Z6HUMcdC>.
- “Talassemia, Flagello per India E Italia.” THADREV ONLUS. N.p., 3 Sept. 2014. Web. <http://www.thadrev.com/index.php/it/eventi-e-news/42-news-2>.
- “Beta-Thalassemia Treatment Approved For FDA’s Clinical Phase I Trials.” CSR Wire (13 Nov. 2012): n. pag. CSR Wire. Web. <http://www.csrwire.com/press_releases/34862-Beta-Thalassemia-Treatment-Approved-For-FDA-s-Clinical-Phase-I-Trials%22>.
- “EGT Welcomes FDA Clinical Phase I Trial Approval.” Bridgeport News 73 (29 Aug. 2012): 1. Web. <http://www.bridgeportnews.net/08-29-2012.pdf>.
- “La Focaccia Pugliese Sbarca Negli USA.” Blog post. Andata E Ritorno: Viaggi E Turismo in Puglia. N.p., 2011. Web. <http://andata-ritorno-bari.blogautore.repubblica.it/category/cinema/?refresh_ce>.
- “Taranto Finanza Forum: Direzione Mondo.” Sportello Aperto: Periodico Di Economia, Cultura, E Sociale 3 (Nov. 2010): 6. Web. <https://www.bccsanmarzano.it/pdf/sa_novembre10.pdf>.
- Colonna, Anna Maria. “La Grinta E La Voce Di Pat G in Piazza Repubblica.” AltamuraLife. AltamuraLife, 09 Aug. 2010. Web. 25 Feb. 2017. <https://www.altamuralife.it/notizie/la-grinta-e-la-voce-di-pat-g-in-piazza-repubblica/>.
- Cruciati, Chiara. “Storia Di Un Ex Ragazzo Terribile.” Il Domani. N.p., 13 Jan. 2010. Web. <https://issuu.com/ildomani/docs/02092009/9>.
- Del Vecchio, Agostino. “Talassemia, Il Futuro Della Ricerca è (anche) in Puglia.” Stato Quotidiano. N.p., 20 Oct. 2009. Web. <http://www.statoquotidiano.it/20/10/2009/talassemia-il-futuro-della-ricerca-e-anche-in-puglia/2369/>.
- “A Family Health Story: A Dad’s Fight to Keep His Son Alive.” A Family Health Story: A Dad’s Fight to Keep His Son Alive (17 Aug. 2009): n. pag. Web. <https://tfpak.wordpress.com/tag/anemia/page/3/>.
- Jasinski, Agnes. “Businessman a Father Figure for ‘orphan’ Diseases Dad Champions Research for Rare, Little-known Conditions.” Chicago Tribune 1 July 2009: n. pag. Web. <http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2009-07-01/news/0906290400_1_orphan-diseases-orphan-diseases-thalassemia>.
- Pepe, Onofrio, and Lara Musard. “One Man’s Story Born In America, Highly Considered in Altamura.” Corriere Della Sera. N.p., 2006. Web. <https://www.patgirondi.com/For_my_Friends/Italian.pdf>.
- Dold, R. Bruce, and Laurie Cohen. “COUNTY CLERK CANDIDATE GENEROUS AS HE IS ORNERYR.” Chicago Tribune, 23 Jan. 1986.“Author Finds Solace in New Rolls-Royce.” Chicago Sun-Times 29 May 1986: n. pag. Print. https://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-3768364.html “New Pat Finley Book Tells of Hard Life in Bridgeport.” Back of the Yards Journal Weekly, 9 July 1986.
Music Recordings & Albums
2020 Orphan’s Return Produced by Fairlive
2015 Orphan’s Cure Produced by Fairlive
2010 Orphan’s Hope Produced by Street Factory Music/Giordano Mazzi and Ken Barnard
2008 Orphan’s Journey Produced by Street Factory Music/Giordano Mazzi and Ken Barnard
2004 Orphan’s Soul Produced by Street Factory Music/Ken Barnard
Live Music Performances and Festivals
MUSIC PRODUCERS: FARELIVE AND CHECCO ANGELASTRO; PROMOTER ASTRO GROUP
PAT GIRONDI HAS PERFORMED WITH ITALIAN ACTS, THE POOH AND RENZO ARBORE. HE HAS DONE PERFORMANCES AT THE CHICAGO POOR MAN BLUES FEST IN WASHINGTON PARK WITH COCO TAYLOR, RONNIE LEE GRAHAM
Music and music videos featured at “THE CURE” exhibition by Megan Euker and TJ Fulfer at The International Museum of Surgical Science, Chicago
(September) Sanlorenzo, Palermo, Sicily, Italy
(15 September) Nauto Scopio, Palermo, Sicily, Italy
(23 June) South Italy Blues Connection, Casa Cava, Matera, Italy
(07 October) Happy Day Event, Teatro Mercadante, Altamura, Italy
(17 June) South Italy Blues Connection , Casa Cava, Matera, Italy
(28 December) Casa Cava, Matera, Italy
(5 August) Blues in Town, Policoro Italy
(19 July) Porto di Palermo Jazz Fest, Italy
(17 July) San Lorenzo Blues, Palermo, Italy
(7 July) Casa Cava, Matera, Italy
(19 June) South Italian Blues Connection, Matera, Italy
(18 June) Cinetix, Matera, Italy
(14, June) Murex, Altamura, Italy
(August 18) Altamura Rock Festival, Altamura, Italy
(August 8) San Cesarea Blues Festival, Italy
(August 6) Lecce Jazz Festival, Italy
(August 4) Casarano Blues Festival, Casarano, Italy
(Feb 4) Blue Note Jazz Club, Maywood, Ill, USA
Blues, Chicago Ill, USA
(24 Aug) Rosso Bastardo Live
(July 15) Narni Blues Festival
(6 April) Harris Theater, Chicago, IL, USA
Selected Conferences and Public Presentations
2019: Muhim Bili Medical Center, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
2013: Nicosia, Cyprus, Thalassemia International Foundation
2012: New Delhi, India, International Foundation
2010: Palermo, Italy, Cervello Hospital, Thalassemia Convention
2008: New York, Gene Therapy Session of Thalassemia Foundation
2006: Taranto, Italy, San Marzano Banking Convention
2005: University of Bari, Italy, Thalassemia Convention
2004: University of Milan, Italy, Thalassemia Convention
University of Mainz, Germany, Rare Disease Convention
1983-2010: Robin Hood Foundation became Robin Hood Sickle Cell Anemia/Thalassemia
- Formed in 1983
- Funded last wishes for families, sending them to Disney World or buying them camcorders to make a last film for their unborn child to see
- We were the most active in Chicago where we helped people whose homes were burned or
in some cases where a loved one died
- For the family of Bob, a pizza delivery man who was shot and killed, we delivered a pizza. In the paper utensil bag was (if I remember right) $3,000 cash.
- Robin Hood became the Robin Hood Sickle Cell Anemia and Thalassemia Foundation. The last activity was when I auctioned off my Rolls Royce sometime around 2005.
Selected Professional Affiliations & Collaborations
- Saint Jude Children’s Hospital
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Bambino Gesù Roma
- Ospedale Cervello Palermo
- Charak Palika Hospital New Delhi
Fluency in English, Italian